At AXANEXA, our team lives by the belief that you can automate anything! Whether you’re managing projects, tracking tasks, collaborating with your team, or pulling data from another platform, monday automations and integrations can save you time and reduce the risk of errors. It also streamlines your daily back office tasks that allows your team to focus on revenue generating activities. In this blog post, we’ll dive into the world of monday automations and integrations; while exploring how they can revolutionize the way you work.
Understanding monday Out-of-the-Box Automations
Monday automations are a set of predefined and customizable workflows that help you automate repetitive tasks, notifications, and updates. On the monday platform there are several hundred combinations, all called recipes. These automations are designed to simplify your work processes and enhance team collaboration.
Here are some key features and benefits of monday automations:
- Efficiency: Automations help you complete tasks faster and more accurately. They eliminate the need for manual data entry and reduce the risk of human errors.
- Consistency: With automations, you can ensure that processes are followed consistently across your organization. This reduces confusion and ensures that everyone is on the same page.
- Time Savings: By automating routine tasks, you can free up valuable time for more strategic activities. This can lead to increased productivity and innovation.
- Real-time Updates: monday automations can send instant notifications and updates, keeping your team informed about important changes and deadlines.
Getting started with these prebuilt automations is fairly easy. Following the steps below, you should be able to execute almost any basic task, and do not hesitate to use your seven visualization steps we discussed in our previous blogs.
- Identify Workflow Needs: First, identify the repetitive tasks and processes in your workflow that can benefit from automation.
- Access the Automations Center: In monday, navigate to the Automations Center. Here, you’ll find a library of pre-built automation recipes that you can use or customize.
- Create Custom Automations: If the pre-built automations don’t fully meet your needs, you can create custom automations using the “Custom Automation” feature. This allows you to define specific triggers and actions.
- Test and Iterate: Before fully implementing automations, it’s a good practice to test them to ensure they work as expected. Make adjustments as needed based on feedback and evolving workflows.
Here are some of the popular automations you can implement in monday that will help your team:
- Due Date Reminders: Set up automations to remind team members about upcoming task due dates. This ensures that important deadlines are not missed.
- Status Changes: Automatically update the status of tasks or projects when specific conditions are met. For example, you can change the status to “Complete” when all subtasks are finished.
- Dependency Management: Create dependencies between tasks and use automations to trigger the start of one task when another is completed.
- Communication: Send automated emails or Slack/ teams messages to team members when certain actions occur. This improves communication and collaboration.
- Custom Notifications: Set up custom notifications based on criteria you define. For example, receive notifications when a high-priority task is assigned to you or another team member.
You should begin noticing significant improvements in your boards thanks to the automations you’ve implemented. Its time to consider integrations, and how they will add an extra level of efficiency to your workflow.
Introduction into Integrations
Integrations are the bridges that connect monday with other software and tools you use daily. They allow you to automate tasks, synchronize data, and create a seamless flow of information between different platforms. Essentially, integrations help you eliminate manual data entry, reduce errors, and save valuable time.
- Data Synchronization: Integrate with other tools and platforms to automatically sync data, reducing the need for manual data entry.
- Efficiency: With integrations, you can automate repetitive tasks, such as data entry and notifications. This frees up your team to focus on more important and creative work.
- Accuracy: Manual data entry is prone to errors, but integrations ensure that information is transferred accurately and consistently.
- Enhanced Communication: Integrations can improve communication by automatically notifying team members of updates, deadlines, and changes in project status.
They are similar in some respects to automations, but they allow you to create monday into your one platform work hub. Currently monday has partnered with 37 platforms, and the list is growing daily. And some popular integrations include:
- Slack: Integrate with Slack to receive real-time notifications and updates directly in your Slack channels. This keeps your team informed and fosters collaboration.
- Google Workspace: Seamlessly integrate with Google Workspace to sync your calendars, tasks, and documents. This ensures that your team has access to all the resources they need in one place.
- Trello: If you’re migrating from Trello, the Trello integration makes it easy to import your boards and cards into monday so you don’t lose any valuable data during the transition.
- Salesforce: For sales teams, integrating with Salesforce can be a game-changer. You can track leads, opportunities, and customer interactions all in one place, improving your sales process.
- Jira: If your team uses Jira for software development, integrating it can help bridge the gap between project management and development, ensuring a smooth workflow.
Setting up integrations on monday is straightforward:
- Select Your Integration: In your monday workspace, navigate to the Integration Center and choose the integration you want to set up.
- Connect Your Accounts: Follow the prompts to connect your monday account with the external application. You may need to authorize permissions.
- Configure the Integration: Customize the integration settings to match your workflow requirements. This might involve selecting boards, fields, and specifying trigger conditions. Use the recipe format to assist you in building the integration.
- Test the Integration: Most integrations allow you to test them before activating. Ensure that data flows correctly and notifications work as expected.
- Activate the Integration: Once you’re satisfied with the setup, activate the integration, and let it start working its magic.
By now, you should see major improvements in your boards from the automations and integrations you’ve set up.
But what happens when there’s one automation that’s still puzzling you? What next? How do you get it to work? Can you really Automate X Anything?
Next Up: In our upcoming installment, we’ll explore when out-of-the-box recipes just don’t solve the problem. Click here to dive in deeper into the world of automations and integrations.
Don’t forget to follow us on LinkedIn for tips and tricks to enhance your monday experience!
Not on monday.com? We would love to invite you to a free trial- Click here to get started today!
Just want help? Talk to an expert, Click here to schedule a consultation today.
Carrie Fifield from the AXANEXA Business Development team, a passionate monday.com enthusiast eager to explore new use cases and take on challenges. Connect with Carrie at email@example.com to unlock the full potential of monday.com for your business!