Over the course of this blog series we gave you a strong foundation on how to get started in monday.com. One of the key decisions you’ll need to make when implementing monday is whether to go the DIY (Do It Yourself) route or opt for professional installation. In this blog, we’ll explore the pros and cons of each approach to help you make an informed decision.
Choosing the Right Approach
The choice between DIY and professional installation ultimately depends on your organization’s specific needs, budget, and priorities. Here are some considerations to help you decide:
- Budget: If you have a tight budget, DIY installation might be the more practical choice. However, consider the potential long-term benefits of professional setup in terms of efficiency and reduced errors.
- Complexity: If your workflow is highly complex and requires intricate automation and integrations, professional installation may be the best route to ensure everything is set up correctly.
- Time Constraints: If you need to implement monday quickly and can’t afford to spend time learning the platform, professional installation is a viable option.
- Learning Preference: If you or your team members are eager to learn and have the time to invest in training, DIY installation can be a rewarding experience. However you will need to consider adaptation across your entire organization. Pro installers will train your team, and ensure effective adoption.
- Hybrid Approach: In some cases, a hybrid approach may be ideal. Start with DIY to get a basic setup and then bring in professionals for fine-tuning and complex configurations.
DIY (Do It Yourself) Installation
- Cost Savings: One of the most significant advantages of a DIY installation is cost savings. You won’t incur additional expenses for hiring professionals to set up monday for you.
- Flexibility: DIY installation allows you to tailor monday to your specific needs. You have full control over how you configure boards, automations, and integrations, ensuring that it aligns perfectly with your workflow.
- Learning Experience: Setting up monday on your own can be a valuable learning experience. You’ll gain a deep understanding of the platform, which can be helpful for troubleshooting and making future adjustments.
- Learning Curve: Monday has a learning curve, and if you’re new to the platform, it may take some time to become proficient. You might need to invest time in training and tutorials.
- Potential Mistakes: Without prior experience, you could make configuration errors that might affect your workflow and efficiency. Mistakes can cause implementation deadlines to extend, as well affect employ adoption.
- Time-Consuming: Setting up monday yourself can be time-consuming, especially if your team is large or your workflow is complex. This might take time away from other important tasks.
- Data Migration: One of the largest time consuming aspect is data migration. If you have lots of data to move from one system to another, then you want to make sure your columns and board structure is compatible.
- Expertise: When you opt for professional installation, you benefit from the expertise of individuals who are experienced in setting up monday. They can ensure that the system is configured correctly from the start.
- Efficiency: Professionals can set up monday quickly and efficiently, reducing downtime for your team and minimizing disruptions to your workflow.
- Customization: Professional installers can help tailor monday to your specific needs, leveraging their experience to optimize your processes.
- Implementation and Adoption: Most professionals will provide your account administrator proper training on the ins and outs of your workspace. They should also provide you with documentation such as how to guides and/ or training videos. And if you have a large team multiple training sessions with question and answer sessions can be arranged.
- Support: Most professionals will offer an extra level of comfort by providing after service support.
- Peace of Mind: Knowing that your monday setup is in the hands of experts can provide peace of mind, allowing you to focus on your core business activities.
- Cost: Professional installation incurs additional costs that may not be feasible for smaller businesses or startups with limited budgets. Make sure you discuss your budget limitations. At AXANEXA we are willing to always find the solution that best meets your needs and budget.
- Dependency: Relying on professionals for setup means you’ll need to schedule and coordinate their availability with yours, potentially adjusting the preferred go live. As an example, the 4th quarter is a busy time, and if you are planning on launching before the new year, start in late summer.
Monday is a powerful platform with unlimited possibilities. It will help streamline your teams, boost productivity, and its reasonably priced compared to other platforms out there that only provide one solution. Using monday as your organizations work hub, will be a benefit for years to come.
Next Up: In our final blog, we’ll discuss the Pro vs Enterprise debate, and ensure you are in the correct plan; Click here.
Don’t forget to follow us on LinkedIn for tips and tricks to enhance your monday experience!
Not on monday.com? We would love to invite you to a free trial- Click here to get started today!
Just want help? Talk to an expert, Click here to schedule a consultation today.
About the author:
Carrie Fifield from the AXANEXA Business Development team, a passionate monday.com enthusiast eager to explore new use cases and take on challenges. Connect with Carrie at email@example.com to unlock the full potential of monday.com for your business!